Parbat 3D is a tool for displaying, navigating, and visualizing large images associted with remote sensing - particularly satellite imagery.
Written for the Microsoft Windows platform, with portability in mind, Parbat 3D utilizes the GDAL library for fast image management, and OpenGL for hardware-accelerated display and visualization.
- Very large file support
- Large number of supported formats, including GeoTIFF, ECW, and JPEG2000
- Hardware-accelerated display
- Decoded tile caching
- Region of Interest (RoI) support, including saving and loading from files
- Selected RoI highlighting in visualization
- Visualization supports interactive rendering of hundreds of thousands of points, allowing easy distinction of density clusters in featurespace
- Visualization point alpha scaling according to mean density
- Maximum utilization of screen real-estate due to disjoint windows, allowing easy use of secondary displays
- Persistent window positioning, and window snapping
Please see our screenshots directory.
Obtaining Parbat 3D
You will find download links, and other resources on our project page, also kindly hosted by SourceForge.net.
Parbat 3D Team
The Parbat 3D development team consists of:
Developing on/for Parbat 3D
See developer intro page.
Background of the Project